The Melodic Minors Volunteer Scholarship
Melodic Minors is thrilled to announce the INAUGURATION of the Melodic Minors volunteer scholarship.
In its inaugural year, the Melodic Minors Volunteer Scholarship will award a one-time $1000 scholarship to a dedicated senior volunteer who has demonstrated outstanding commitment to the musical arts and a passion for serving the community around him or her for the purpose of advancing his/her musical studies. The scholarship will be awarded to the recipient at a volunteer end of school-year thank you event in May.
The purpose of this scholarship is to encourage a continued commitment to leadership and service through music as our volunteers progress through college and beyond.
- Must be a high school senior currently serving as a volunteer for Melodic Minors*
- Must be planning to continue musical studies in a college or university**
- Must have demonstrated a profound commitment to the musical arts and contributed to the larger musical community of Charlotte
- Must have shown a dedication to leadership and service in the community
- Must have a passion for collaborating with others and bringing joy to those around him/her through music
*Members of the Melodic Minors management team are not eligible for this scholarship
**Not necessarily a music degree but a continued involvement in the musical community
In order to apply for this scholarship, the volunteer must fill out a scholarship application with all the necessary components by 11:59 PM on May 5, 2019. Any applications received after this deadline will not be considered. Applications will be emailed to volunteers.
In early May, the management team of Melodic Minors will review all applications, giving each applicant equal consideration. If the committee cannot decide on one scholarship recipient, a further interview may be required. After this meeting, the select recipient will be notified by email. The recipient will be announced publicly at the school year end volunteer social in May/early June (date TBA).
APPLY FOR THE MELODIC MINORS SCHOLARSHIP HERE